Wednesday, September 05, 2007

My Kingdom for a Time Machine

If I had a time machine, I could go back to the 1920s and make a ton of money investing, then hold onto it by pulling out of the stock market before it crashed in October 1929. Or I could invest in little start-ups like that company Henry Ford ran, or Microsoft, or even Starbucks Coffee.

So I wonder what a future generation would do with us, if they develop a time machine. What opportunities am I missing right now?

Here are some headlines from Mediabistro that make me wonder:

Huh? I have no clue what any of these stories are about. In twenty years, will I be saying "Yeah, I coulda bought inta BlueLithium back before it really took off, . . . 'cept I didn't know BlueLithium from boba back then."

I feel very, very old. Kinda like the Amish guy in the carriage, being passed by all those fancy cars . . . except, without the comfort of moral certitude.

No comments: