Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Back to Work!

Move actuated and completed. Unpacking: 70% done. Most important, thanks to the wonderful techs who work through the night in Manila, my internet connection is now stable

Do I have anything of value to say today? No, my mind is still mush thanks to family medical emergencies on top of moving. SO....
Here is a link to a great article on Salon by Catherine Price: "What Every Freelancer Should Know." It's entertaining and lists 13 tips on how to "better manage both my finances and my emotions" as the freelancing life, with all its perks (and lack of organization) takes its toll.

I especially like tip #3: "Pay your taxes quarterly. The bastards charge interest." My tax guy (bless him!) makes me do that, but I didn't realize why. Tip #5 is good, too: "Do not wear your pajamas after noon. If regular workers can brave 9 a.m. traffic, then you can change your underwear by lunchtime."

No comments: